Freshwater pumping and catchment… take care of the resource !
To face the microbiological risk associated with proliferations in surface water,
Anticipate contaminations and react a step ahead !
Securing water catchment sites is essential to prevent human and animal health risk and reduce the potential negative economic impacts on the water supply chain. A large part of pumping facilities being located at lake reservoirs, the exposition to algal blooms is a reality due to low water exchange/stirring and run-offs of agricultural and industrial wastes, phenomenon also aggravated by recurrent heat waves events.
Water supply companies are thus confronted to manage this risk and anticipate problems related to water treatment processes and facilities, e.g. filter clogging, reagents extra charge; not to mention the media hype triggered by pathogens proliferations closed to catchment sites.
What Microbia Environnement brings to you …
Tailored monitoring programs
1) MICROBIOLOGICAL DIAGNOSIS of your environmental water resource
- exhaustive inventory of microorganisms by next-generation sequencing,
- ad hoc or temporal monitoring,
- search for harmful, toxic, pathogenic microorganims and bioindicators,
- advising on monitoring, remediation and prevention actions to adopt in the future.
For identification of problems and data acquisition on your water resource.
2) MONITORING OF TOXIGENIC CYANOBACTERIA with genetic biosensors
- high-frequency monitoring (ad hoc, seasonal campaigns, routine analyses)
- early warning and bloom forecast system based on direct measurement of cell activity
- gain of 5-8 days on bloom occurence and decline
- target the most problematic species (Microcystis, Cylindrospermopsis, Nodularia, Planktothrix, etc)
- support for data interpretation and decision-making (definition of ‘toxic risk’ color-based classes)